Thursday, July 21, 2011

Klayton - 8 months +

Klayton turned 8 months on July 8. I thought I better get something posted before his 9 month rolls around in a couple weeks. He has quite the little personality and is a pretty happy kid most of the time. I will give you a glimpse of life in Klayton's world at this very fun age.

Klayton loves to eat food and he is starting to get the hang of drinking water out of his sippy cup. Although, half the time he would rather chew than drink. His favorites - squash and sweet potatoes for veggies and plums for fruit. He could eat yogurt and cheerios for every meal if I would let him. And, of course, he loves puffs and yogurt melts.




Just like his sisters, Klayton loves to swing in the backyard.


He crawls EVERYWHERE. Klayton loves this new freedom. He started with an army crawl on his belly and soon realized he could go a lot faster if he got is belly off the ground. Hailey and Brynn are very helpful and have started to put shoes away so they don't become the next object of Klayton's oral exploration. The girls are very stern when they say "No!!" too. It is quite funny to listen to. Klayton completely ignores the warning and usually does what he wants until mama comes to rescue the girls' toy or whatever else he has hijacked.




As you can see in the background, our house is usually in some state of chaos when the kids are awake. Season of life, right??? Right....


Klayton loves anything to do with water. If the bathroom door happens to be open, he will crawl in there and pull himself up by the tub and longingly look over the edge and start babbling. As if he wanted to share is opinion that he wants to take baths multiple times throughout the day. He loves the pool as well and giggles hysterically when the girls jump in. He loves to bring his arms down really hard and splash water everywhere. This works better in the pool than in the tub!



Funny baby :)




Klayton enjoys being outside. Naptime is a good time to take him in the jogger because he falls asleep pretty easily as long as the sun is not in his eyes. We also have a string of toys I attach to the straps to keep him busy if he gets bored looking at nature.



He loves to hold your hands and "walk".





Jason played in a slow-pitched softball tournament one Saturday. Grandpa took Klayton out on the field to check it out.



This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. The girls are not the cleanest chicks around when it comes to meals. There are often a few crumbs left on their splat mats under their chairs. Klayton will sneak under there any chance he gets to try out foods that aren't on his menu. He knows if he gets caught mama's finger is going in his mouth to try to get the piece of food out. He is a quick learner - as soon as he sees me coming he swallows as fast as he can. Little stinker! Luckily he has not choked and I am trying to do a better job picking up after the girls eat.






He is a cruiser...loves to pull up on furniture and toys to help him get from point A to point B.



The toy below is a favorite. He stands next to it for long periods of time watching the lights and listening to the music. It was one of Hailey and Brynn's favorites too - I am so glad to give a second life to many of their toys!





Klayton loves to rock on Fergie the frog.







A few other things about Klayton:






  • He is working on tooth #7 - teething is the exception to the "happy kid". He got two on the bottom, then four came up on the top, and now he is working on the 3rd tooth on the bottom. I know there are official names for each tooth but I don't have time to memorize those!


  • He adores his sisters. Every night he gets kisses and just about every day Hailey says, "I love you SO much."


  • He naps well in the morning but the afternoon can be hit or miss. If the girls wake up before he would usually go down, he prefers to play and will yell in his crib until he is greeted by one of his sisters.

We have his 9 month appt in a few weeks so I will try to get updated stats up then.






No comments:

Post a Comment