I finally gave in to all the requests. This is my first blog experience but I have had so many people request updates on our girls. I would use the carepage that we had set up but since we finally made it out of the NICU, I figured we could start fresh.
Kristin and I have been married 5 years and this past December we were blessed with an early Christmas present. Hailey and Brynn were born on Dec 24 and they decided to come just a few weeks earlier than expected. Both girls spent 9 1/2 weeks in the NICU at Blank Children's Hospital and now they have been home for almost 3 weeks now. We love having them home with us but I will say we got a lot more sleep when they were in the hospital. Thank you nurses for working the night shift so we could go home and get some rest. I knew people said to rest up before they came but I had no idea. If its 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning, we love having this time with the girls, no matter how tired we are.
The girls had their first check up on March 9 and both girls got good reports back. Hailey weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and Brynn was 8 lbs 14 oz. It was nice to get the first appointment out of the way and get feedback on how the girls were doing. Its been quite an adjustment with the girls at home but we are figuring out how to manage all the schedules.
My goal is to keep this updated as much as possible but free time might be used more for sleeping.
Kristin and I have been married 5 years and this past December we were blessed with an early Christmas present. Hailey and Brynn were born on Dec 24 and they decided to come just a few weeks earlier than expected. Both girls spent 9 1/2 weeks in the NICU at Blank Children's Hospital and now they have been home for almost 3 weeks now. We love having them home with us but I will say we got a lot more sleep when they were in the hospital. Thank you nurses for working the night shift so we could go home and get some rest. I knew people said to rest up before they came but I had no idea. If its 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning, we love having this time with the girls, no matter how tired we are.
The girls had their first check up on March 9 and both girls got good reports back. Hailey weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and Brynn was 8 lbs 14 oz. It was nice to get the first appointment out of the way and get feedback on how the girls were doing. Its been quite an adjustment with the girls at home but we are figuring out how to manage all the schedules.
My goal is to keep this updated as much as possible but free time might be used more for sleeping.
thanks for the updates! good luck sleeping!
ReplyDeletethanks for the update
ReplyDeletewe did get used to a regular update on your lives
we love each one of you dearly and are looking forward to an all girl walk whenever you are ready
You've been on my mind so glad to hear how you are doing. I had a feeling rest and sleep were going to be vague memories. That will come again and you sleep for years until they start dating...
ReplyDeletethanks for the update, it is so good to see the special little girls in their home, I have talked to your mom but it is nice to see the pictures. Have a few more weeks before we will be back in Ia. and to see all of you.
ReplyDelete