The girls will be 5 months old on Sunday - hard to believe! They are growing like crazy and it is so amazing for us to watch the development process and cheer them on as they discover new things. Today, Brynn rolled from her back to her tummy!! Yeah Brynn! Both girls have been able to roll over from their tummies to their backs for quite some time, but now that Brynn can go both ways, we are going to have to keep a much closer eye on her! Hailey and Brynn are much more interested in each other. They crack each other up!! It is so funny to watch. Last week Monday we had our "4 month checkup". Hailey was 10 lbs 13 oz and Brynn was 11 lbs 4 oz. Hailey is just shy of tripling her birth weight. 



At the beginning of May, Kristin and I had the opportunity to go back to Pella to participate in the annual Tulip Time festival. Since Kristin and I grew up in Pella we always enjoy going to Tulip Time to get some great food and spend time with friends and family. This year was a little different for us; we got to participate in the parade. I had been warned that when I had children that I had to get out the Dutch costume and walk in the baby parade. This is a big step for me since I had not worn a Dutch costume since 5th grade and that was not by choice. I will admit that I had a great time and the girls just loved it. I guess I can say they loved it, even though they slept through the entire parade. Kristin and I were able to walk with the Dutch doubles, which made things nice since it wasn't as crowded. Most of you know that my sister has twins too and she walked with us. It was a beautiful day and we look forward to doing it next year when our girls will be able to enjoy it a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment