Friday, September 2, 2011

9 month checkup, Iowa State Fair & Honey Creek

I got a little behind on blogging. We will play catch-up and see if I can get the details of life over the last month posted. Klayton is now 10 months but his 9 month appt in August went very well. He was 19 lbs 14 oz and 27 3/8 inches long. Still falling between the 40-50 percentile so we are so thankful to have a healthy boy!






Loves to be greeted by his sisters in the morning and after naps!



Sometimes I lose track of time in the backyard and Klayton falls asleep to tell me it is nap time.



Klayton will try about any food but he is sure to spit it out if he doesn't care for it. New favorites:


Grain: whole grain pancakes


Protein: yogurt, ham


Fruit: applesauce
Veggie: california blend




At the park near our home.












The girls love to climb and are pretty good at it!








And even though we have swings at home, we still can't leave the park without using the swings. Brynn even helps me push!




Hailey's face when I ask her to smile for the camera.





Klayton will still smile nicely for me!





And if I get Brynn going high she can't help but smile!





Having a snack picnic :)




Hailey and Klayton, and of course, Hailey's baby.




Brynn is quite the builder. Here is her block train.





Hailey and Brynn are really into Play-doh. The choice creation? Baked goods and snakes.





We headed to the Iowa State Fair on Wednesday which was "Older Iowans Day". Our massive stoller fit in well with all of the scooters. There is a place called "Little Hands on the Farm". Hailey and Brynn had a great time!








Picking vegetables.





Grandpa Van Mersbergen helping the girls pick good apples.




Gathering eggs.




Filling the tractor with gas.







Pedaling the tractor around the loop.







Milking the cow.



Selling the veggies at the market.



Getting money for the sales.




Buying a RED Sunny D with their wages. Now, this certainly would not have been my choice - very rarely do they ever get RED drink because inevitably it will spill on their clothes. However, they were so very excited about their "purchase" that I kept my mouth shut. We were outside anyway, right?? They did a pretty good job and luckily I was able to get all the stains out of their clothes. Success!!!



A ride on Grandpa's shoulders.




At the top of the giant slide.




At the bottom of the giant slide.


A better picture of the slide since I didn't catch everyone mid-ride. When Hailey got to the bottom she immediately said, "Again!!". Brynn wasn't so sure how she felt about it.



Hailey's turn on Grandpa's shoulders..


After the fair, the girls took a 4 hour nap. Exhausted was an understatement!




Just two days later, on Friday, we all packed up and headed to Honey Creek resort for the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera every day but I got just a few snapshots. We had a great time and the kids loved the water. It was a great weekend away.



Klayton - napping on the beach. This is a bit deceiving. Before this point, Grandma Talma walked him around in the stroller for probably at least an hour and a half. As soon as the stoller stood still he was awake. Thanks Grandma, for making sure Klayton got his naps in!


Daddy burying Brynn's feet in the sand.



And shoveling the sand into buckets...









Brynn on the water slide in the indoor water park.









Hailey enjoying the water.



I had some pictures of Klayton in the water too, but I just accidentally deleted them while I was typing the caption. So, for the sake of time and getting this posted, this is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment