Take 2 is a huge consignment sale around our area. They have a sale every spring and fall and I have been lucky to find a lot of great things. I decided we needed some "boy" books so Klayton doesn't have to listen to Cindarella and Sleeping Beauty all the time. I found a Bob the Builder book with a toy screw driver that "fixes" things on each page. Klayton takes that screw driver everywhere except I put the kabosh on taking it to bed. I am afraid it will cause an injury I guess... But, it has basically become his "lovey". He is funny.
Klayton is still a pretty big mama's boy and loves to cuddle. I am taking advantage of his cuddly nature while I still can.
On to the next subject - Hailey and Brynn are big girls now! They are done with diapers. Woohoo!!! We had a couple weeks at the beginning of October without many plans so we decided that was the time. I read about a 3 day training method so that is what we tried. Overall the girls have both done great. I will say those three days were likely the hardest three days of parenting besides our time in the hospital. Wow. It is not easy to manage two kids learning the potty and having an 11 month old to keep track of as well. My patience was pushed to the absolute limit on several occasions. Okay, it was pushed to the limit for 72 hours in a row! There was even an emergency call to Jason at work the 2nd day and I told him I NEEDED him to come home and either take the girls or take the baby. He did, and life was better.
Klayton learned how to open all of our kitchen cupboards, he found the trash/recycling under the sink, and found my pitchers and thought those would be a great toy all while Hailey and Brynn were in and out of the bathroom. Yes, I was trained for the first three days...rushing to the potty every time a little girl said, "I have to go!". We are still pretty quick to get to the bathroom when nature calls. However, yesterday we went to the pumpkin ranch with some friends and then hit Chick-fil-a in the mall (they have the best fast food customer service by the way - they carry my tray and get all my napkins/straws/etc. for me. I guess they see all the children and figure I need some help!) and then hit the play place. Hailey does not like to go in any bathroom except the ones at home and church. She held it for SEVEN HOURS. Yes, seven. I understood that she did not want to use the porta potty at the pumpkin ranch since she is very particular about the cleanliness of the toilet she uses. As soon as we got to the pumpkin ranch she said she had to go but she then refused at the porta potty. I thought for sure we were going to have an accident. But, we did our normal thing (I still bring extra clothes along just in case) and no accidents. Then we headed to the mall for supper and we headed straight for the bathrooms. We tried the family restrooms as well as the women's restrooms SEVERAL times when Hailey said she had to go. Hailey still refused to go. The kids played in the play place at the mall....no accidents! We got in the van to head home and about 10 minutes out Hailey says in a bit of a desperate, I can't hold it any longer voice, "I have to go!". Luckily she held it until we got home. She ran inside and got to go in her own bathroom. I now know she has a large bladder but I also don't want to count on that. We will have to figure out how to get her comfortable in public restrooms. Any "been there done that" advice would be welcome. Brynn will go anywhere which is great!
I am also looking for advice on night training. Brynn wet the bed the first night (we are completely diaper free, no pull-ups, just panties) and then the girls did about 10 nights without accidents so I thought we had that part down. Now each girl has had a few accidents during the night the past week. We haven't changed anything with amount of liquid consumption before bed and I am not sure why they are having accidents. During the first stretch of dry nights they would wake up during the night to go to the bathroom so we know they can do it. When they wet the bed they have to change all of their own sheets and bring them downstairs to the washer to make it very inconvenient to go in the middle of the night. We are hoping for dry nights again soon since we know the control is there and the girls are making a conscious decision to stay in bed instead of get up to go. So, that is a bit frustrating too. But, like I said, we are pretty happy with their progress and they are very proud of themselves which is great. Just one more step towards independence!
Klayton figured out how to clap this month and he did a great job clapping for Hailey and Brynn during potty training!
It was cold enough this week (low of 29 degrees!) that we turned the heat on. We have a drawer of sweaters the girls have been begging to wear and of course, Hailey picked the snowman sweater. Life doesn't get much better than hot chocolate with marshmallows and coloring on a cold morning!
And Klayton is getting a longer reach each day. The edge of the table isn't even a safe place for things. I am still getting used to how far he can reach as I left a bowl of ice cream on the table. Yep- he got it. Ice cream all over the recliner and his jammies and the carpet. Awesome.
So, that is all for now. Hope all of you are enjoying fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment