I apologize that we have not posted anything in a while. When I said I was going to do a blog, I said I would do my best to keep everyone updated. Kristin and I are pretty tired after work and then playing with the girls, we try to get as much sleep as possible.
This past month the girls were six months old and they had their lovely check up with shots. We are pretty lucky because they don't do to bad with the shots and they usually only cry for a couple of minutes after they are all done. We had their Dr appt on July 9 so it was a little after they turned six months. I always like the checkups because I am always so curious how big the girls are getting. Hailey was 12 lbs 7 oz and 23 3/4 inches (she was a little disappointed she didn't get to 2 ft tall yet). Brynn was 12 lbs 15 oz and 24 1/4 inches.
After the Dr appt, the girls had their developmental screening and we were so pleased with what they had to say. After observing both girls, they are each doing activities in the 6 and 7 month levels. This is such a blessing to us that God is developing Hailey and Brynn each and every day.
Both girls had the opportunity to try rice cereal this past month as well and each day they get a little better. Hailey seems to like it a little better that Brynn, so I am guessing Brynn might be like her daddy and be a little picky. Its fun to watch them try to learn how to eat. Both girls are becoming a lot more active. Brynn is starting to get up on all fours and she has not figured out how to crawl yet but she can sure lunge for objects she wants.
The girls had a good time a couple of weeks ago, when they got to go meet a lot of new friends. We were able to get together with 5 other couples who have had twins in the past year. Some of the couples where from our twins class, so it was fun to see them again. We spent part of our time in the NICU with 3 of the couples that were there, so it was fun to see how everyone was doing. We are going to attempt to get together with these couples each month, to keep in touch and give the adults a little social time. There were a two couples that were unable to make it so when the whole group is there, then their will be 8 sets of twins, sounds like a fun time when they all start walking. All of the kids did wonderful and they even sat nicely to let us take their picture. Thanks for checking up on us and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

oh my goodnes, the girls are adoreable! Benjamin cant wait to meet them! we are on the road a lot right now, but we do want to get together...good thing benjamin isn't mobile yet though...he's already got the girls out weighed! i think we're around 14 lbs!
ReplyDelete